Saturday, May 27, 2006

And That's Why I Don't Read The Paper

When I woke up this morning
I had a vision in my head
I saw my life with you
I cleared my head
I wiped the sleep from my eyes
Took a deep breath

I sat down at the table
Read the day's paper
My heart leaped in my throat
I saw your name
I saw your face
Staring back at me

Why does it seem
That the best things in life can never be
Why does it seem
That things are never as they seem

I read and re-read
Pieced together the details
I crawled back up the stairs
Walked to the bathroom
Thought long and hard
Grabbed my razor

Today was to be the day
My life in solitude was to end
I was to be married
But now that is not to be
And now I no longer want to be
Life without you isn't worth living

Why does it always seem
The best things in life can never be
Why does it always seem
That things are never as they seem

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home