Thursday, July 27, 2006

16 Years Later

You left before I woke up
You were gone before the dawn
That day was dark
The sky deep blue
I could only think
How I'd miss you

You never told me what made you leave
I was never told...

You know when I started writing this, I had planned on writing about my dad. It's not something I've ever done before but his birthday was on the 17th of August and I decided to mark the occasion. I started writing this on the 27th of July figuring that I'd have lots of time to word what I wanted to say and then I could write it out.... Every time I came back to it though I couldn't think of what I wanted to say. If you woulda asked me what I was going to write I coulda probably told you exactly what I was going to say and how I woulda said it. The words "If I ever see that man again, I'll beat his ass so bad he'll be the only man in heaven in a wheel chair" probably would have been said as well. But as soon as I sat down to either write or type.... I had nothin. Not a damn thing. I couldn't (And still can't) figure it out. When it comes to me and my dad, I'm never short for words. Never have been and I thought I never would. And then this goes and happens. What in the bluest of blue hells is going on? (That was just me talkin to me by the way. It's when I start answering myself is when I should start worrying I guess)

And so exactly a month after sitting down to talk some serious shit about John Furlong, somehow I can't do it. Mind-boggling. I could tell some stories (all true by the way) that would make you (the reader) despise everything about him but I wouldn't let anybody talk smack about him. That right I reserve for my brother, my sister, and myself. And after years and years (16 of them actually) I finally found myself with nothing left to say. I must be getting old or somethin. P.S. Sorry about the language, but as anybody who's ever heard about me talk about my father know's, if I didn't swear, I'd just be trying to hide what I was really thinking. And where's the fun in that?

Written August 27th

6 Comments:

Blogger Drivertiser said...

I think I could tell ya what's stopping you, but we won't get into that

Monday, August 28, 2006  
Blogger Kyle said...

What won't we go into? I musta missed something here.

Thursday, August 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think that maybe you have forgiven him? Maybe that is why you have nothing to say now :-)

Just guessing ... have you had any further thoughts?

Monday, September 04, 2006  
Blogger Kyle said...

Haven't really thought about it all that much since I wrote that. I think it was just something I needed to get off my chest or something. Either that or I'm....Growing up?!?!?!?!? Definately didn't see that one coming

Monday, September 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Maybe so .... interesting that growing up thing .... :-)

Tuesday, September 05, 2006  
Blogger Kyle said...

I always figured I go Peter Pan on the world. The kid who would never grow up. This whole gettin mature thing is freakin me out here. Gettin older isn't all it's cracked up to be, I've learned

Sunday, September 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home