Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Pain I Have Inflicted

I saw the way you looked at me
For reason I did not know why
I'd see some things inside your eye's
That made me think I was living a lie
The words you spoke
The things you said
The feelings that you shared
It all added up to just one thing
One thing I could not bare

I can see myself through your own eyes
And I'm sorry, but that can't be me
I'm not the one you think I am
But I'd love to take his place

The day you walked into my life
Should have been the happiest of them all
Yet it's late at night and here I lay
You beg and plead but I just can't stay
The words I speak
The things I say
And the feelings I'll never share
Will eventually lead you down the path
Of desolation and despair

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

""The things I say
And the feelings I'll never share
Will eventually lead you down the path
Of desolation and despair""


Really.... what's the harm in sharing?

Sunday, November 19, 2006  
Blogger Kyle said...

Fear. Fear of being wrong, fear of being rejected. That's some scary scary stuff. I'm not saying all that is about me but I can understand why a person would not want to share those feelings.

Sunday, November 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I'm wondering if you decided you had nothing to lose but everything to gain ...

or if you adopted the attitude that it really didn't matter whether you got rejected or not and you just said the truth of what's on your mind and then go home ... the worst that would happen would be a no and a good friend made instead of a desolate and despairing friend left behind ...
or
are you afraid of being accepted?

hmmmm lol

Monday, November 20, 2006  
Blogger Kyle said...

See the thing is, that's not me that I'm writing about. I don't always wright about myself. I take situations that I'm in or somebody I know is in, and I put a different spin on it. I don't know if your questions are aimed at me or the person that I was writing about.

Monday, November 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just this whole general thing about withholding truth from someone and allowing misunderstanding to cause pain.

I'm speaking generally ...

:-)

Tuesday, November 21, 2006  
Blogger Kyle said...

I would advise against withholding information if it causes pain to another. That's just not right. But if I personally have to choose between withholding info and saving somebody else pain and agony, or telling them the truth and watching them crumble before my eyes, it's not even a choice. There is no way in hell I'm gonna be the one to cause another's pain just cause I happen to be in the know.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cool uh huh ...

Tuesday, November 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home